This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:07:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
>>>>> Andreas Schwab writes:
|> Places where GCC could benefit from spacial locality is by
|> allocating the instruction list and pseudo registers from a large, static
|> virtual memory array instead of allocating individual objects dynamically.
I thought that obstacks are created dynamically, not statically.
One does not want to ever copy or grow the array.
Statically allocating some of the large, persistent, sequential
collections of objects would help locality.