Re: Faster compilation speed

On Wednesday, August 14, 2002, at 10:42 AM, David S. Miller wrote:

From: Dale Johannesen <dalej@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:17:46 -0700

And I know this is blindingly obvious, but RC takes an extra field (word,
probably) in each node. I suspect this is going to eat up a lot of
whatever gain there might be.

My implementation (I posted the hacked up infrastructure patch the
other day) used space which is currently empty alongside a bitfield
in the rtx.
Looks to me like you increased the total bitfield usage in rtx_def
from 32 to 56 bits.  That's free on a machine with 64-bit words I
suppose, is that what you're talking about?  It's certainly not
empty space on a 32-bit machine.