This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:04:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
On Wednesday, August 14, 2002, at 10:42 AM, David S. Miller wrote:
From: Dale Johannesen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:17:46 -0700
And I know this is blindingly obvious, but RC takes an extra field
probably) in each node. I suspect this is going to eat up a lot of
whatever gain there might be.
My implementation (I posted the hacked up infrastructure patch the
other day) used space which is currently empty alongside a bitfield
in the rtx.
Looks to me like you increased the total bitfield usage in rtx_def
from 32 to 56 bits. That's free on a machine with 64-bit words I
suppose, is that what you're talking about? It's certainly not
empty space on a 32-bit machine.