Re: Faster compilation speed

>>>>> Richard Henderson writes:

Richard> The folks that are doing cache-miss studies and concluding anything
Richard> should also go back and measure gcc 2.95, before we used GC at all.
Richard> That's perhaps not ideal, since it's obstacks instead of reference
Richard> counting, but it's not a worthless data point.

	Thanks for the suggestion.  I think the results I got are pretty
damning:

gcc-2.95.3 20010315 (release)

Source		I/D$ miss -O2		I/D$ miss -O0
reload.c		28			36
insn-recog.c		48			36

	For comparison, GCC 3.3 has values in the low 20's, especially at
no optimization.

David