This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: automatic bootstrap failure notification
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Robert Schiele <rschiele at uni-mannheim dot de>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:55:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: automatic bootstrap failure notification
- References: <20020806120522.GA9650@schiele.local>
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 02:05:22PM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> as some may have already noticed, I am sending the results of the
> regression tests after successful bootstrap processes to
> gcc-testresults from my automatic build system for some time now.
> I am currently adding a feature to this build system that allows
> sending automatic notification messages with some relevant information
> when bootstraping fails.
> Would sending such messages to gcc-testresults be welcome or would
> such messages be seen as annoying?
I think this is a good idea. It would be useful if everyone who has
automated builds regularly sending test results to gcc-testresults
also sent mail there about bootstrap failures, particularly if they
used the same (or similar) scripts to generate those messages so they
had similar information.