This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Developer Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 14 Aug 2002 01:58:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
- References: <20020813190236.B3CD8F2D55@nile.gnat.com>
Am Die, 2002-08-13 um 21.02 schrieb Robert Dewar:
> and compilers are indeed slower. 10-hours should certainly be enough to build
> any project at this stage.
Speculation. I haven't recently tried to build OpenOffice but build 632
took around 24h on a dual P-III with lots of RAM and a fast RAID one
year ago with gcc 2.95.x. I bet that with the code increase and the
general slowdown of gcc 3.x you'll hardly find any mainstream machine
which will compile it un under 10 hours.