Re: RFC: Deprecate (a little bit) of C++ attribute syntax

--On Wednesday, August 14, 2002 07:23:51 AM +0100 Neil Booth <neil@daikokuya.co.uk> wrote:

Mark Mitchell wrote:-

Therefore, I'm proposing deprecating this syntax in GCC 3.3 and
removing it in GCC 3.4 (with the new parser).  I'm not sure if I can
get the old parser to actually warn about this (it's confused and
thinks the parenthesized initializer is part of the declarator, but
there is then later magic to untangle that!) -- but I will try.

Objections?
I'm all for making the attribute syntax tighter.  Can you enforce
the same rules for C too?  Otherwise the C/C++ merge will be a mess.
This isn't an issue in C because C doesn't have the parenthesized
initializer syntax.  (No construtors in C.)

Thanks,