This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: GCC 3.1/3.1.1/3.2(?) bug
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>
- To: Jason Mancini <jayrusman at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Kelledin <kelledin+LFS at skarpsey dot dyndns dot org>
- Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:26:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fwd: GCC 3.1/3.1.1/3.2(?) bug
- References: <F251fHmp2P7uLO65mGj00016ddc@hotmail.com>
Jason Mancini wrote:-
> I was playing with this for fun...
> The bug only seems to occur if the char arry is
> 64 or more, and a multiple of 4. (gcc 3.1.1)
> The first 12 bytes [0-11] get toasted.
> ---------- Original Message ----------
> Just wanted to kick this off to you guys, in case you haven't
> discovered it already. It appears to affect all versions of gcc
> >=3.1. The thread about this really starts here:
> ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
> Subject: Re: kbd miscompilation - found out why...
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 05:30:03 -0500
> From: Kelledin <kelledin+LFS@skarpsey.dyndns.org>
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> The good news, i found the problem.
> The bad news, it's a gcc bug. =(
These bugs need to be in GNATS if you want to see them fixed.
Otherwise they get lost.