This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Bootstrapping on DEC Unix
- From: "Douglas B Rupp" <rupp at gnat dot com>
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 20:07:17 -0700
- Subject: Bootstrapping on DEC Unix
- Organization: Ada Core Technologies, Inc
- Reply-to: "Douglas B Rupp" <rupp at gnat dot com>
I've seen several reports on this list of "virtual memory exhausted"
when trying to bootstrap gcc on DEC Unix 4.0x and 3.2x.
I also get this error and after some investigation have concluded it is
probably due to a broken mmap() function.
Gcc bootstraps fine with --with-gc=simple and also fine with --with-gc=page
if the HAVE_MMAP* macros are commented out in auto-host.h.