This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: Robert Lipe <robertlipe at usa dot net>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:32:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
- References: <20020813190236.B3CD8F2D55@nile.gnat.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:
> compilers are indeed slower. 10-hours should certainly be enough to build
> any project at this stage.
It's past the threshold of pain, for sure, but plenty of things
take waaay longer than that to build. (Hint: remember that Stan's
first-order customers are in the OS business.)
Now will you please quit arguing with Apple that GCC is not really too
slow for them today based solely on counterarguments that either some
other compiler for some other language was fast or that processors will
be faster sooner than the compiler can be made faster?
This is getting pretty silly...