This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Wno-warning-directives [Was R: cpplib: Start moving...]
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>, Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:32:05 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Wno-warning-directives [Was R: cpplib: Start moving...]
On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 05:31:56PM -0700, Stan Shebs wrote:
> ... you're screwed if an evil header developer adds something like
> #warning "Revisit this typedef after Jaguar ships."
I'd like to thank the people at Apple for contributing the
__attribute__((deprecated)) patches to GCC, which is now
(I believe) the preferred way to handle precisely this issue.
I also have sympathy for having to work in large numbers of
independent teams (knowing the solution doesn't solve the
Roger Sayle, E-mail: email@example.com
OpenEye Scientific Software, WWW: http://www.eyesopen.com/
Suite 1107, 3600 Cerrillos Road, Tel: (+1) 505-473-7385
Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87507. Fax: (+1) 505-473-0833