This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at redhat dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: terra at diku dot dk, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:12:15 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
- References: <20020812222128.A6681F2D45@nile.gnat.com>
From: email@example.com (Robert Dewar)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:21:28 -0400 (EDT)
Of course the issue is what happens if there is a lapse in
discipline. If it is only a matter of efficiency, that's one thing,
if it becomes a focus of bugs then that's another.
This is why it is important to use something, such as the existing RTL
walking GC infrastructure, to verify the reference counts. And to
have this verification mechanism enabled during development cycles.