This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: davem at redhat dot com, terra at diku dot dk
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:21:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
> Frankly, nobody who wants to improve GCCs runtime performance can
> reasonably complain about this "dicipline" in the same breath :-)
> Others can feel free to disagree.
Of course the issue is what happens if there is a lapse in discipline. If it
is only a matter of efficiency, that's one thing, if it becomes a focus of bugs
then that's another. For me reliability of the code generator is far far more
important than speed.