Re: [tree-ssa-branch] Optimizing non-SIMPLE trees

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 14:30, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> Easy.
> Turn them all into tree operands of the same type of tree, then ignore
> that type of tree.

The problem with the wrapping approach is that we have to undo it after
we're done and (maybe) every time we need to call the regular tree
functions from the optimizers.

> The alternative is to add a flag to the tree_common structure, but that
> takes up space in *all* trees.

Nope.  We use the aux field.  It's just a new bit in tree.aux.flags.  We
only set it for trees we can't simplify and don't need to reset it
afterwards.

However, all this is moot.  We should really strive for doing the right
thing and convert everything into SIMPLE.  Special cases like this are
best avoided.

Diego.