This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Faster compilation speed
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:24:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: Faster compilation speed
GCC did not switch from obstacks to garbage collection because of
any inherent love for garbage collection. Using garbage collection
instead of obstacks was the most efficient way to support other features
which were added to GCC 3.0.