This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: AltiVec in gcc-current: questions.
- From: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- To: Matt Thomas <matt at 3am-software dot com>
- Cc: GCC Developer Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 10 Aug 2002 13:01:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: AltiVec in gcc-current: questions.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am Sam, 2002-08-10 um 09.57 schrieb Matt Thomas:
> vmrghh dst,zero,src
> where dst is a vector unsigned int and src is a vector unsigned short.
> (dst could equally be a vector signed int). But the builtins say
> that vmrg[hl]h only result in V8HI.
This is correct. The result of the vec_merge* operations is always the
same type as the arguments.
> This wouldn't be so bad if I could cast the vectors but the compiler
> seems to disallow that.
Where did that fail? Casting vectors should be fine...