Re: Faster compilation speed

Nathan Sidwell wrote:

As you'll have noticed I'm tweaking the coverage machinery to
try and find hotspots and deadspots. My immediate plan for this
is to
a) fix .da files so they don't grow indefinitly large - nearly done
b) add some kind of __builtin_unexpected (), to mark expected
dead code
c) write some perl scripts to munge the gcov output

I hope some of that is useful to others.

This is all ultra-cool BTW.  I did runs with testsuite on homemade gcov-ed
GDB years ago, came up with lots of useful insight about what was hot and
what was not.  I'm looking forward to trying out your new stuff!

Stan