This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Unicode Support?
- From: "Rupert Wood" <me at rupey dot net>
- To: "'Wagner, Joseph'" <Wagnerj at lakeland dot edu>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:25:52 +0100
- Subject: RE: Unicode Support?
Joseph Wagner wrote:
> Does GCC support Unicode, and if so, could you provide a link to the
> appropriate documentation?
GCC provides a wchar_t type; other than that, Unicode support depends
upon your OS's C library. (The GNU C library is a separate project from
If it's a unix system, you can try 'man wcslen' as a start. If it's
Windows then yes, there is good Unicode support: the APIs support or
encourage Unicode. Other than that, I don't know.