This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Array accesses
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Pop Sébastian <pop at gauvain dot u-strasbg dot fr>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:12:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Array accesses
- References: <D716C79E-A379-11D6-9D1A-00039362EF82@apple.com><1028034311.2966.12.camel@frodo><20020731223735.GB12995@gauvain.u-strasbg.fr>
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 00:37:35 +0200, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Pop_S=E9bastian?= <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 09:05:11AM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
>> The problem is pointer arithmetic. The parser turns offsets into byte offsets.
> I think that it would be simpler to deal with exact array accessors
> rather than pointer arithmetics in the optimizer.
I would think so. I don't know why we decompose array refs so soon when
we're indexing off anything other than a decl with ARRAY_TYPE.