Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils

--On Tuesday, August 06, 2002 12:12:19 AM +0200 Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com> wrote:

On Montag, 5. August 2002 23:58, Mark Mitchell wrote:
I still need to know, though, whether Benjamin's problems have been
solved or not, and what we're doing about Franz's versioning suggestion.
I'm waiting for a final word from Jakub, but I'm still convinced it's the
right way to go. gcc-3.2 will be the first widely deployed compiler on
powerpc-linux-gnu since gcc-2.95 and I would like to cast a really
correct  ABI in stone rather than a "it works so far and is mostly
correct" ABI.
My reading of Jakub's messages is that he thinks what you want to do is
OK -- but not necessary.  If there's no downside, I'd prefer to trust
your judgement.  Jakub, why not do what Franz suggests?