This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>, "Martin v. Loewis" <martin at v dot loewis dot de>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 18:38:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: libgcc_s, Linux, and PT_GNU_EH_FRAME, and binutils
--On Tuesday, August 06, 2002 12:12:19 AM +0200 Franz Sirl
On Montag, 5. August 2002 23:58, Mark Mitchell wrote:
I still need to know, though, whether Benjamin's problems have been
solved or not, and what we're doing about Franz's versioning suggestion.
I'm waiting for a final word from Jakub, but I'm still convinced it's the
right way to go. gcc-3.2 will be the first widely deployed compiler on
powerpc-linux-gnu since gcc-2.95 and I would like to cast a really
correct ABI in stone rather than a "it works so far and is mostly
My reading of Jakub's messages is that he thinks what you want to do is
OK -- but not necessary. If there's no downside, I'd prefer to trust
your judgement. Jakub, why not do what Franz suggests?
Mark Mitchell email@example.com
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com