Re: needless deep recursion in gt-c-decl.h

Geoff Keating wrote:
Even if this particular case turns out to be impossible, it would be
very hard to make an argument that there's always another reference to
the DECL_RTL; and even if there actually always was another reference,
you'd have to ask yourself whether the (tiny) speed increase is worth
the extra complexity and the maintenance headache.
If the DECL_RTL is what causes the recursion to blow up, as I got
the impresson from your message, and it prevents the simple
iterate-on-TREE_CHAIN solution from working, then it could well be
worth it.  In fact, if it allows iterating on TREE_CHAIN, instead of the
more complicated and general solution, it would be a simplification.

The patch I finally committed solves this problem in a more general
way.
Yes, but by slowing down marking by 5%, when compile-time speed is a
major concern.
--
	--Per Bothner