This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building dejagnu with latest GCC
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 04 Aug 2002 16:47:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: Building dejagnu with latest GCC
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <10208041128.AA03448@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <20020805004306.A5405@hg.cs.mu.oz.au>
Fergus Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org.OZ.AU> writes:
| On 04-Aug-2002, Richard Kenner <email@example.com> wrote:
| > Does -fpermissive help?
| > I can't figure out how to add it except by modifying the Makefile, but when
| > I do, it *appears* to help, since it looks like it's changing errors
| > into warnings, but the command still fails. I'm not sure why, though, since
| > the error message output is confusing:
| I agree, the output *is* confusing. It would be nicer if gcc would
| prefix error messages with "error:" (like it prefixes warning messages
| with "warning:").
That is what happens with mainline sources.