This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Building dejagnu with latest GCC
- From: Tim Prince <tprince at computer dot org>
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu
- Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:06:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: Building dejagnu with latest GCC
- References: <200208040432.g744W4fF003674@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Saturday 03 August 2002 21:32, John David Anglin wrote:
> >> I didn't try it these last days but I think the CVS version (or the
> >> official 1.4. release) compiles with current GCC.
> > Odd. I was trying the 1.4.1 release from ftp.gnu.org.
> Personally, I like 1.4. I've had problems with 1.4. and cvs
> versions running tests more than once, and being more restrictive
> in command line arguments. This causes problems running some
> testsuites. There was some previous discussion of this on the
> list a few months ago.
I thought the thread was about how new a version of gcc could be used. 1.4
appears to require libstdc++-v2, so we're requiring an older gcc to build the
test framework for the current gcc.