This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Web search only matches the subject???
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at onetel dot net dot uk>
- To: hp at bitrange dot com (Hans-Peter Nilsson)
- Cc: joern dot rennecke at superh dot com (Joern Rennecke), pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at (Gerald Pfeifer), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 00:14:09 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: Web search only matches the subject???
> Please give example (with preprocessed... ..uh, never mind :-)
> so I can analyze usefully. Searching for "regression" in the
> box at ml/gcc-patches/ turns up matches on the first page where
> that word is not in the body but not in the subject.
I've been searching for LOOP_CONT.
Hmmm, looking at this a bit closer, it looks that single words are matched
either literally or with some other word that is mostly unrelated except
etymologically, but never as a substring, although sequences of words
are matched against word anagrams or even loosely scattered words.
Could we have a way to have regexp search, at least for the current month?
While it is possible to search back periods by downloading the entire
months archives and searching there, this option is unfortunately not open
for the current month.