This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: testsuite linker strangeness
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 19:10:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: testsuite linker strangeness
- References: <3D4B0ED1.DF09505B@codesourcery.com>
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 11:59:29PM +0100, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> I've managed to provoke the following out of the linker when
> running the testsuite,
> /usr/bin/ld: ./vbase8-21.exe: Not enough room for program headers (allocated 6, need 7)
> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
> it only happens for g++.old-deka/abi/vbase8-21 and g++.old-deja/eh/catch9
> with some changes I've got to vtable layout. What does it mean? Looking
> at ld's source is not helping much.
The last time this happened some section was receiving the wrong flags
(i.e. not read-only). HJ posted or committed a patch for this
recently, I think. Might be the same problem.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer