This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The egg X chicken. What istall first make or gcc?
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: <marcelo at muster dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 22:39:31 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: The egg X chicken. What istall first make or gcc?
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> I am installing make on my SuSe 8.0 and I found that I need gcc
> which is not installed. Then I change to install gcc wich
> of course I need make to do it.
This is offtopic on this list, which is for development _of_ gcc, not with
it. And questions about installing software on a linux distribution are
even more offtopic.
PS: Just install the rpms which are on your SuSE DVD. We even have a nice
frontend for installing software. To compile gcc itself you anyway need a
C compiler already.