Re[2]: g++ 3.1.1 issue

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com>
To: Ricardo Anguiano <anguiano@codesourcery.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:02:57 -0400
Subject: Re: g++ 3.1.1 issue

OK. I'll tell everything from the beginning, because I see
my first letter was quite ... messy :)))

I have a Linux Slackware 8.0 system and I've downloaded, compiled
and installed GCC 3.1.1 + G++ on it. Everything was OK. Until I tried to
compile QT 3.0.4. It failed, saying it couldn't find C++ STL headers. They are
in place, but gcc doesn't look for them automatically when compiles C++ files
(.C, .cc, .cpp, .c++).
So if I compile a C++ file without any reference to STL (or libstdc++),
everything goes OK, but it I try to compile a simple hello world, it fails. For
example I write main.cpp:

#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>

int main()
{
  std::cout << "Hello, World!" << std::endl;
  return 0;
}

And then issue a command:
$ gcc main.cpp
I fails to compile and says, it can't find iostream and iomanip.

The question is How to config gcc to search for standrard headers
automatically?