This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ lexer (GCC 3.1.1) requires knowledge of other C dialects
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot com>
- To: gary at intrepid dot com (Gary Funck)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:42:08 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: C++ lexer (GCC 3.1.1) requires knowledge of other C dialects
> Although this is a bit of philosophical debate (regarding the merits of
> handbuilt vs. program-generated parsers), I'll point out that the ANTLR
> parser generator (http://www.antlr.org) generates LL(k) recursive descent
> parsers with additional features which include: [ many features ]
However, the ANTLR FAQ explains that you can't write a C++ parser in ANTLR
because of the complexities of the language. They recommend hand-written.