This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc bootstrap broken on i686-linux-gnu
- From: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- To: Graham Stott <graham dot stott at btinternet dot com>
- Cc: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 16:54:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc bootstrap broken on i686-linux-gnu
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com> <3D457AED.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Graham Stott <email@example.com> writes:
> I think Roger's patch just tickles a problem in the x86 backend.
> register_operand may also match SUBREG which isn't valid for the
> REGNO macro hence the abort when enable checking is enabled.
> I think the uses of FP_REGNO_P (REGNO (...)) should be FP_REG_P (...)
> which checks it's operand is a REG before checking the REGNO.
> I've got such a patch in the works.
The bootstrap problem still exists for me. I haven't tested Graham's
patch but I've noticed that it's unreviewed and I expect it to solve
the problem. Can somebody review it, please?
SuSE Labs firstname.lastname@example.org