This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: A patch for genautomata


Vlad,

I've tried removing the jump optimisation which follows the instruction
scheduling, but it makes no difference - it still crashes out.

I'm still very unsure how cpu_unit_reservation_p actually works. It
seems that to make it work I need to effectively re-create the scheduler
state at each instruction, but ignoring certain instructions which crash
the compiler. This seems to be a duplication of the work that the
scheduler has already done, so why not tag each instruction with the
state it belongs to instead? This would make the querying of CPU units
in later stages easier, because the tag can be grabbed directly from the
instruction?

Dan.

=============================================================================
Daniel Towner
picoChip Designs Ltd., Riverside Buildings, 108, Walcot Street, BATH,
BA1 5BG
dant@picochip.com
07786 702589


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]