Re: gcc 3.1 full success: i386-unknown-openbsd

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 09:13:50AM -0700, Janis Johnson wrote:

> > So, is there an area to drop native binary packages for gnat yet ?

> It sounds like you had trouble building other things than Ada.  If
> that's true, you might consider making your other binaries available
> as well.

Well, the patches needed will show up in gcc in time for gcc 3.1.1,
hopefully.

In the meantime, remind people that there exists an OpenBSD ports tree,
and that the simplest way to bootstrap gcc 3.1 will probably be to use
the lang/egcs/stable port.

It's mostly important to get the changes back into the gcc repository for
two reasons:
- cross compilers,
- no divergence between OpenBSD and the official FSF source.

But building stuff from source is definitely feasible already...
gnat is `special' since it is THE binary which is needed to fully bootstrap
gcc (and this is what took me a looong time, building basic binaries was
simple, tracking issues was harder).