This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
obselete configurations & the top level
- From: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at doctormoo dot dyndns dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 01:23:30 -0400
- Subject: obselete configurations & the top level
This is a query. A bunch of configurations have been obseleted and
removed from GCC recently. These have all, I believe, been obseleted
and removed from GDB already.
There is special-case code for many of these configurations in
configure.in. I would like to get rid of it.
What else do I need to check before I get rid of these cases? Are any
of them possibly still supported by binutils?
Please see http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-05/msg01994.html for
the list of configurations which are going away, where I'd like to see
if I can strip stuff out of the top level too.
I intend to submit a cleanup patch for this once I'm sure I'm not
deleting anything which is still supported somewhere.
Thanks in advance.