This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: __builtin_prefetch() question
- From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce at waitaki dot otago dot ac dot nz>
- To: Guillermo Ballester Valor <gbv at oxixares dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:30:55 +1200
- Subject: Re: __builtin_prefetch() question
- References: <email@example.com>
Guillermo Ballester Valor wrote:
>My question is: does __builtin_prefetch() in GCC 3.1 actually insert any
>prefetch hint for pentium3 target? or it does nothing with it?
>I listed assembler outputs with -march=pentium3 (and some prefetch calls) and
>I can't see any prefetch code, and diffs show me no differences with
>__builtin_prefetch() calls and without it.