This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using GCC 3.1 on SuSe 7.0 (GCC 2.95)
- From: Guillermo Ballester Valor <gbv at oxixares dot com>
- To: nandrats at mail dot mdanderson dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:53:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: Using GCC 3.1 on SuSe 7.0 (GCC 2.95)
- References: <86256BC0.005D860D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm also using SuSE 7.0. and using both GCC 2.95.xx. and GCC 3.1
This is what I made:
-Update binutils to v.2.12.1. You can download the source from
'./configure' , 'make' and 'make install' will install all the packages
-Update texinfo to 4.2
again typical 'configure' 'make' and 'make install' will install it in
I think you then could build GCC. See the documentation. If success, 'cc' will
refer to old 2.95 version, and 'gcc' to the new 3.1 version.
On Mar 21 May 2002 19:04, email@example.com wrote:
> Hi there,
> I've waited long for this GCC release and am eager to give it a try. But
> I'm running SuSe 7.0 and all programms are compiled with GCC 2.95.xx.
> What do I have to do to be able to work with GCC on my machine (using
> mainly Qt und KDE libraries? What do I have to rebuild for use with GCC
Guillermo Ballester Valor