Re: gcc compile-time performance

<That makes no sense to me at all.  If I could only fix one typo at a
time, progress would be quite a bit slower.

Well if you have an instantaneous compiler and an integrated environment
which puts you at the error, immediately ready to correct, it's a
reasonable approach. It was the way UCSD Pascal worked, and many people
found it quite convenient.

So it is an approach one should cater for if possible, but certainly not
one to mandate or even strongly encourage.