This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: g++ pointer tracking question
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, law at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 20:28:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: g++ pointer tracking question
- References: <200205201926.MAA18098@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Ellcey <email@example.com> writes:
> While the change you suggested does fix my problem it looks like it
> breaks other things.
Yep, there are bits in the C++ frontend that expect POINTER_TYPE_P to be
true for pointer to member types. Seems that the invasive change (dropping
the POINTER_TYPE and just using OFFSET_TYPE) is the right way to go.