Re: Why does this not compile?

At 00:14 +0200 20-05-2002, Florian Weimer wrote:
>During my C++ days, I've repeatedly read rules of thumb like "const
>creates constant confusion", referring to poisonous aspect of const
>(once you add it somewhere, you have to add it in many places).  Maybe
>that feeling carries over to the pass-by-reference-to-constant-object
>case, which is rather unwarranted, of course.

How silly, qualifiers should be added consistently, they exist for a purpose :/

Yes, when added somewhere, they should be everywhere. But they should
already *have been there* in the first place. :)

  - xmath

PS sorry for a wrong References-header. I've twiddled things in my
mailer a bit, I'll see if that helps... (it should treat a digest as
a heap of separate mails now, rather than as a single text)

Matthijs van Duin
- PGP Key: 0x2D6F0BA7
- FP: 205D F7BA FFAD 9070 AB9E  C5A8 BDB0 CA1B 2D6F 0BA7 -