This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance take 2
- From: Daniel Egger <degger at fhm dot edu>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Developer Mailinglist <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 19 May 2002 13:56:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance take 2
- References: <20020519010638.CD605F28D4@nile.gnat.com>
Am Son, 2002-05-19 um 03.06 schrieb Robert Dewar:
> I don't think timing the spec builds is that useful except for gcc, and that
> information is more usefully obtained by measuring the time for a bootstrap
> which is a figure that is itself useful. I am going to see if we can extract
> useful information automatically from the ACT nightly builds.
I'm not exactly sure that measuring the time to build a changing
codebase is all that useful. Having a codebase that is fixed seems
more useful to me .