This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
- From: Neil Booth <neil at daikokuya dot demon dot co dot uk>
- To: Julian Seward <jseward at acm dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, njn25 at cam dot ac dot uk
- Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 08:07:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
- References: <3CE6B61C.4F3A3ED@acm.org> <3CE73407.E4130B@acm.org>
Julian Seward wrote:-
> which doesn't really lead anywhere. Either it's untrue, or someone is
> calling memset like crazy where they weren't in 2.95.3.
Results John posted had memset very high on the list, so I suspect
someone is. I think every tree and rtx allocated is memset to