This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com, rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: espie at nerim dot net, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 19:00:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3
> This is due to the tuning of constants in the collector. We don't
> collect until we get to between 7-8M.
How does compilation speed depend on the tuning of this constant?