Re: 3.2 PATCH: Ada parallel bootstrap fixes

> From: Geert Bosch <bosch@gnat.com>

> This I don't understand. The GNAT run time is calling functions in
> the C library. If you say security problems do not exist in the C
> library, why are they present in Ada?

The only (well, main) reason people are aware of the problem is
because the libc people were sufficiently concerned about the
offending functions that they put in special "deprecation" messages
which are issued (by ld, I think) when a program links against them.

So presumably C people don't use the functions.