This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: gdr at codesourcery dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:42:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- References: <20020518154937.37129F2A59@nile.gnat.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:
> I think quite a big part of the problme here is that there is insufficient
> testing. In the GNAT world we systematically build on all machines and run
> our test suite on all machines every night. Any significant slow down in
> compialtion speed gets noticed, although I still think we don't do a careful
> enough job of tracking small changes.
So if you're running all these systematic builds and noticing all
these changes in compilation speed, how come we don't see regular
messages from you on the topic? To abuse a classic line, "Vut gut
are test rezultz eef nobuddy knowz abowt zem!?"