Re: Problem compiling gcc 3.1 on Solaris 9 - skipping incompatible/lib/libc.so when searching for -lc ....

Richard Henderson wrote:

>On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 02:01:34AM +0200, Nick Rosier wrote:
>

>>I also ran into a problem with values-Xa.o which it looked for in
>>/usr/lib/sparcv9 but is in /usr/lib.
>>

>That sounds like you don't have the 64-bit runtime installed.
>

>>Could it be that configure is mistaken my 32-bit system for a 64-bit.
>>If so, any idea on how to correct this?
>>

>As the installations instructions say -- use --disable-multilib.
>

>r~

Sorry, my mistake, I hadn't checked the platform specific notes this
time; I did when compiling 3.0.4 and just figured that their wouldn't be
anything different. Thanks a lot for all your help. I'm going to try it
and see if I encounter any other problems.

N.

--
"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a
Web page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web,