This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc compile-time performance
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, scott at coyotegulch dot com
- Date: 18 May 2002 17:50:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc compile-time performance
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20020518153930.BC849F2A59@nile.gnat.com>
email@example.com (Robert Dewar) writes:
| >From my concrete everyday life experience, it does matter.
| OK, well I have been teaching for 30 years, and from that experience I
Obviously, we're not teaching in the same environment and the same
thing. You may disagree, but that doesn't change anything about the
| Teaching the principles of software engineering (remember you
| said this was an SE course) does not require worrying about bells and
| whistles in the latest version of software).
Students needs to get hands on materials, experiment with them, and
time does matter. As a C++ teacher, I have to teach them how to use
the STL, how to wirte template codes. I can't use old compiler for
Please get real.