Re: gcc 3.1 is still very slow, compared to 2.95.3

>Okay, now, what passes is gcc 3.1 running that slow it down that much ?
>What would be the equivalent set of options to gcc's 2.95.3 -O2, so that
>I can see whether we can get down to more reasonable numbers ?

If you use -fverbose-asm -S, and look at the comments in the assembly output,
that will tell you all flags that have been enabled.  This may be different
for every target.  This isn't a complete list of optimizations, since not all
optimization passes have a controlling -f option.  They should all have a -f
option, but not everyone bothers to put one in.  In any case, this may be
sufficient for your purposes, since it will give you a list of options that
you can try turning off to make the compiler faster.

You can get the same info printed to stderr by using -v -Q.

Jim