This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ok to make a temporary branch for cygwin/mingw?
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- To: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 00:13:19 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Ok to make a temporary branch for cygwin/mingw?
On Thu, 16 May 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Is it acceptable to make a branch for this purpose? It sure would
> be preferable to the patch-heck we're going through now.
Any maintainer with CVS write access may create and use a branch for
development, including outside the parts of the compiler they maintain,
provided that changes on the branch have copyright assignments on file.
Merging such developments back to the mainline still needs approval in
the usual way.
When creating a branch for development, you should first tag the
Gerald "Jerry" email@example.com http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/