Re: Error report (gcc 3.1)

Stan Shebs <shebs@apple.com> writes:

| Phil Edwards wrote:

| > > I believe we'd be better of recommending against installing one version
| > > of GCC over another one.
| >
| > We do this already on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/ but repetition can't hurt.
| > I'll add a note to the libstdc++-v3 FAQ.
|
| The note should mention basic_file.h specifically, since that's

I'm not sure that entry should name any particular file.  Other files
may be affected in the future.  A safer way to deal with this issue is
to version the header files installation.  That is, instead of
installing in

   ${prefix}/include/g++-v3/

we should be installing in

  ${prefix}/include/g++/${major}.{minor}/