This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 3.1 Released
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "Richard dot Kreckel at Uni-Mainz dot DE" <Richard dot Kreckel at Uni-Mainz dot DE>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 19:29:35 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: GCC 3.1 Released
On Thu, 16 May 2002, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> >> The release can be found in the file:
> >> gcc/gcc-3.1/gcc-3.1.tar.gz
> > Which in addition is symlinked by gcc/gcc-3.1.tar.gz. I don't recall when
> > this habit started, but I would like to ask you to refrain from this
> > symlinking.
> I'm not sure where that originates; that's how the 3.0.x releases were
> done, so that's how I did this one.
The symlinks on ftp.gnu.org are needed for the automated extraction of
ChangeLog and NEWS files for
(Since contrib/gennews wasn't updated (item 1 of releasing.html), the
gcc/NEWS file extracted there for 3.1 isn't particularly useful, as it
doesn't include the 3.1 news.)
Joseph S. Myers