Re: GCSE store motion

> That means we shouldn't be spending much time trying to do software
> loop pipelining when compiling GCC, so the optimization shouldn't
> make compiling the compiler significantly slower.

I don't see how you conclude this. You have to do the analysis on every
loop. There will definitely be loops in GCC where the optimization is
possible, there will be loops where it is not. I would expect the
compiler to spend quite a bit of time trying to improve code for
loops in GCC. What I am saying is that I doubt that the overall
effect will be that benficial for GCC.