Re: GCSE store motion

--On Wednesday, May 15, 2002 07:09:02 PM +0200 Jakub Jelinek
<jakub@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 01:02:03PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>> I've not suggested we *remove* store motion until it is superceded.
>> I do think it should be disabled, as it just wastes time.
>>
>> Or, as you say, move it to -fexpensive-optimizations.
>
> But -fexpensive-optimizations is enabled at -O2, so it should be
> really disabled, not moved.

Furthermore, there is simply no point in having a feature in the compiler
that nobody knows how to use effectively.

In the best case, the feature is useless.  In the worst case, it turns
out to have bugs.

It's fine to keep the code, in case we want it for something, but if it
really provides no benefit, there should be no way for users to cause
that code to run.