Re: your gcc 3.1 release date is a joke

> He was furious "Well then who *CAN* give me a Y2K compliance statement
> for this product. I have to have one. It's outrageous that you won't
> stand behind your product ...."
>
> Oh well, all part of the day-to-day fun in Free Software open development.
>
> Perhaps we should appoint klausberger in charge of fixing the remaining
> problems, and demand that he do it by say, 5pm tomorrow evening or else :-)

I'm with you on this one.

I think we should post something to the GCC news, too.

"GCC 3.1 release date just a joke.

	We was just kiddin, y'all.  We're way too stupid and lazy (after
all, the life of a maintainer is very easy) to get a release  out on time.
Hopefully we'll get it done by 2004.  It all depends on klaus berger
<klausberger@email.com>, who has generously volunteered to fix all
remaining bugs."

file under N for "non-contributing ungrateful bastard".

--Dan